Account Director - PR
As a leading PR and digital marketing agency offering integrated programs, we’re looking for an account director who can build long-term client relationships, act as strategy lead for PR accounts, work across multiple internal departments, and contribute to our firm’s rapid growth as a key member of the Walker Sands team.
The account director is responsible for PR strategy development, client relationship development and campaign coordination for a portfolio of B2B technology accounts. The ideal candidate for this position must have strong client management skills and be able to advise clients and the team on how to drive meaningful PR results and apply the right mix of earned, owned and paid media tactics to meet their business goals. The account director will work with a senior director and VP and across our PR, digital marketing, content and creative teams to develop and implement integrated campaigns, which requires the ability to work collaboratively.
To be successful in this role, you need to understand how the right PR strategy can drive real business results by increasing brand awareness, building market credibility and driving prospect engagement. You will need to accurately convey the value of marketing to prospects and participate in signing on new business, implementing a strategy and setting your team up for success running the account.
The director must be able to build relationships with executives and other stakeholders in the client organization, represent the client’s interests to the Walker Sands services team, and work with functional teams to develop and execute PR programs and integrated marketing strategies.
- Serve as primary executive relationship owner and trusted client advisor.
- Act as the client liaison to account teams, representing both the client’s expectations and the service team’s interests.
- Identify additional service opportunities that strategically align to clients' business goals and PR program, develop plans, and help clients secure budget and internal buy-in.
- Work with clients to define PR program goals and KPIs.
- Work with junior team members to develop and improve media relations and larger marketing campaigns, and assign tasks to teams who will execute tactics and day-to-day activities.
- Work with account managers to develop detailed PR plans, schedules and budgets to ensure timely and successful execution of integrated programs.
- Run internal account team planning meetings, high-level client strategy meetings and account review meetings.
- Produce and present client-facing reports that demonstrate the business value of PR and marketing programs to clients.
- Resolve internal operational challenges impacting campaign performance and schedules, including optimization of resource allocation.
- Assist our Vice President to help champion company service offerings and find opportunities to provide more value to clients.
- Oversee client billing, profitability and contract renewal for assigned accounts.
- 5 - 7 years leading client accounts in a marketing and/or PR agency.
- Experience working on a PR services team, with some level of exposure to aspects of digital marketing.
- Experience working with and/or managing cross-disciplinary teams in a matrix account team structure.
- Experience managing junior team members with a specific focus on client work and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to executive and C-level client contacts.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply