Walker Sands Digital is seeking an associate designer to join our creative team in Chicago. This person will be instrumental in the production of interactive web experiences, content marketing assets and print pieces from concept through launch. We’re looking for an eager, constant learner who has limitless creativity, loves to solve problems and has a demonstrated understanding of basic design principles.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR OTHER OPEN POSITIONS.
Under the guidance of a senior designer and working with a team of project managers, designers, content specialists and developers, the associate designer will be responsible for producing pixel-perfect digital art that is supported by a high level design concept and rationale. Our ideal candidate is someone looking to advance their skills in a fast-paced, agency environment, can independently ideate and implement design solutions and values design feedback as a means for personal growth. Additionally, his or her skill set should include an expert familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, the ability to present and defend design decisions and work well on a team that likes to work as hard as they play.
- Own design projects that span digital and print including websites, landing pages, data studies, infographics and presentations from concept through production.
- Design original pieces or adapts from existing source templates.
- Collaborate across teams, departments and offices.
- Adhere to diverse brand style guidelines.
- Ideate integrated marketing campaign solutions alongside the agency’s creative services team
- Articulate and defend design decisions in a clear and persuasive manner to facilitate the collection of feedback from clients and internal stakeholders.
- 1-2 years of professional design or equivalent internship experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or related field.
- Expert familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated design sensibility -- intentional use of typography, color, scale, layout, etc. for efficient communication and/or in pursuit of defined design objectives -- and demonstrable attention to detail.
- Interest and experience in designing for multiple formats -- web, mobile, print, etc.
- Great self-motivation, organization and communication skills.