Walker Sands is looking for a driven, meticulous content specialist for our Chicago office.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Our content specialists are responsible for researching and drafting valuable copy for a range of B2B and technology clients. Whether it is learning how to structure a byline, draft a blog post or contribute to the creation of a data-driven white paper, you will have the opportunity to work on short and long-term writing projects and other assets to support our clients' public relations and marketing efforts.
Successful candidates should be both strong writers and news hounds. Beyond having an obsession with grammar and the ability to work on a deadline, we'd like you to stay on top of the trends that impact our clients. If you're a storyteller at heart, you'll do great here.
As part of our content staff, you'll have the opportunity to work within an account service team for clients that specialize in the enterprise software, IT and professional services industries. Given our collaborative structure, you should be ready to roll your sleeves up and dive into new projects regularly.
- Drafting high-quality pieces of content including bylines, thought leadership whitepapers, data reports, blog posts and case studies.
- Managing workload and prioritizing tasks as new assignments are added to the queue.
- Conducting research for all types of content including simple research about current events and industry trends, and more complex research like surveys or internal data analysis.
- Understanding each client’s overall goals and voice.
- Maintaining client relationships by participating in thought leadership calls to further develop industry knowledge and writing abilities.
- 1 to 2 years experience in corporate communications, journalism or copywriting.
- Completed undergraduate work in journalism, marketing communications or business.
- Exceptional writing skills, including strong grammar and AP writing style.
- An understanding of the content assets that fit into clients' digital ecosystems, including white papers, case studies, blog posts, infographics, email newsletters and more.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based organization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and function independently.
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
How to Apply