Walker Sands is seeking a Creative Director to lead our growing design team in Chicago. This person will manage a team, earn the trust of our clients, mentor our design staff, deliver award- winning work, and sell creative vision to our client stakeholders. The Creative Director is responsible for the final quality of all design work at the agency and will supervise the overall
administration of his or her team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Thinks conceptually and delivers strategic design solutions based on specific brand goals or business objectives.
- Develops ideas that deliver value to a wide variety of current and prospective clients.
- Participates actively during the pitching process and also the ongoing team management / delivery of work.
- Directs and oversees a wide variety of deliverables (websites, whitepapers, infographics, print assets, etc).
- Has experience building brands. Ability to strategically define a brand’s core mission, tonality, principles, and personality, and then direct the assembly of a brand style guide that delivers on these objectives.
- Collaborates with UX, UI, project managers, photographers, illustrators, videographers, developers, content writers and more with grace and ease.
- Inspires excitement and confidence from our client stakeholders during creative presentations.
- Maintains administrative responsibilities of running a team (responding to emails, delivering performance reviews, meeting project deadlines, reviewing creative work and providing feedback, monitoring team’s workload / monthly utilizations).
- Oversees the design team’s pipeline and workflow to ensure quality deliverables and consistency across a brand’s assets.
- Serves as a leader and mentor to junior team members who are interested in learning design best practices, growing their creative and management skills, and benefitting from an outsider’s varied experiences.
- 7-10 years of agency experience in design, art direction or creative direction.
- Experience managing, leading, and developing a team.
- An impressive portfolio that includes brand identity, web, and print work.
- An impeccable eye for layout, color, and typography considerations.
- Mastery of modern design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Sketch, InVision, etc).
- Strong communication skills -- must be able to effectively articulate, present, and explain creative decisions to internal and client partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or related field.
How to Apply