Walker Sands is seeking an SEO Analyst to maximize our clients’ organic search engine traffic and conversions. This open position requires an understanding of Google Analytics, major CMSes (especially Wordpress) and marketing automation tools, on page optimizations, html, Excel and SEO best practices for B2B companies.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Walker Sands offers a fun, challenging and engaging work environment. Working within our digital group is a tremendous opportunity for someone to grow and expand his or her career in internet marketing.
- Develop an SEO strategy and plan for clients keeping in mind their particular business goals, developer resources, and CMS requirements and present that plan to the client in language they can understand
- Audit clients’ websites and identify gaps or opportunities for technical SEO improvement and provide a document outlining findings, recommendations along with effort estimation and expected impact.
- Communicate SEO recommendations to clients using clear and concise language that explains the what, why, and how.
- Pull and analyze reports from a variety of sources including Google Analytics, Marketing Automation tools, Search Console, and other tools as needed into Excel.
- Ensure that all tracking is implemented properly and tracking against expectations.
- Provide recommendations for optimizing existing content or creating new content to our content development team using keyword research.
- Provide backlink analysis and recommendations for our media relations teams.
- Implement technical fixes across websites to improve SERP visibility.
- Optimize on-page factors including title tags, h1 tags, etc.
- Post content within a variety of CMSes.
- Stay up to date on the ever changing world of SEO best practices.
- Three to six years of full-time experience implementing SEO best practices in an in-house or agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated individual with passion for marketing, development, and analytics.
- Works well in a collaborative environment where they are both a teacher and a student.
- Baseline understanding of technical underpinnings of the internet and how they apply to search engine optimization.
- Client facing experience preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Efficient management of their time to work against task sheet and prioritize their workload to meet multiple client deadlines.
- Extensive experience implementing technical fixes across a variety of CMSes.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets, including intermediate formulas (e.g. index+match).
- Candidates with Google Analytics Certification, knowledge of web analytics and experience with conversion rate optimization will be preferred especially as it relates to GTM and tracking implementation.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is a must.
How to Apply