Senior Account Director - Marketing
As a leading PR and digital marketing agency offering integrated programs, we’re looking for a senior account director who can build long-term client relationships, act as strategy lead across functional internal departments, and contribute to our firm’s rapid growth as a key member of the Walker Sands team.
The senior account director is responsible for integrated marketing strategy development, client relationship development and campaign coordination for a portfolio of B2B technology accounts. Specifically, this position will manage large, complex accounts that involve multiple Walker Sands service offerings – including content marketing, PR, SEO, SEM, social media, email marketing, nurture marketing and website development. Typically, these accounts involve content-driven, cross-channel campaigns aimed at driving online conversions.
The ideal candidate for this position must have strong client management skills and be able to advise clients on how to apply the right mix of earned, owned and paid media tactics to meet their business goals. The director of branding and strategy will work across our PR, digital marketing, content and creative teams to develop and implement integrated marketing programs, which requires the ability to work collaboratively.
To be successful in this role, you need to understand how PR and digital marketing tactics work together to increase brand awareness, build market credibility and drive prospect engagement – all with the goal of generating online conversions and qualified leads. The director of branding and strategy must be able to build relationships with executives and other stakeholders in the client organization, represent the client’s interests to the Walker Sands services team, and work with functional teams to develop and execute integrated marketing strategies.
- In conjunction with our Vice President, serve as primary executive relationship owner and trusted client advisor.
- Act as the client liaison to cross-functional account teams, representing both the client’s expectations and the service team’s interests.
- Identify marketing opportunities that strategically align to clients' business goals, develop high-level marketing plans, and help clients secure budget and internal buy-in.
- Work with client to define business and marketing goals, program success metrics, and allocation of marketing resources.
- Work with strategists to develop and improve integrated marketing campaigns, and assign tasks to functional teams who will execute tactics and day-to-day activities.
- Work with a project manager to develop detailed marketing plans, schedules and budgets to ensure timely and successful execution of integrated programs.
- Run internal account team planning meetings, high-level client strategy meetings and account review meetings.
- Produce and present client-facing reports that demonstrate the business value of marketing programs to clients.
- Resolve internal operational challenges impacting campaign performance and schedules, including optimization of resource allocation.
- Assist our Vice President to help champion company service offerings and find opportunities to upsell clients.
- Oversee client billing, profitability and contract renewal for assigned accounts.
- 5 -10 years leading client accounts in a marketing and/or PR agency.
- Experience working on a PR or digital marketing services team, with some level of exposure to all aspects of PR and digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex integrated marketing campaigns involving multiple offerings and functional teams.
- Experience working with and/or managing cross-disciplinary teams in a matrix account team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to executive and C-level client contacts.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply