Summer PR Internship
Looking for Chicago PR internships? Walker Sands is looking for an energetic detail-oriented person to serve as a public relations intern for a 12-week summer internship at our Chicago office.
We are now accepting applications!
Our Chicago PR intern will be responsible for developing media lists, conceptualizing pitches, writing press releases and preparing contributed articles.
You should have superb writing skills and an interest in conducting web research. You must have an obsession with grammar and the ability to take mediocre writing and make it stronger. If typos jump off the page at you, it is a good sign. We would also like you to have a strong interest in the media, trends, and what constitutes a good story. If you are a news addict and a journalist wannabe, you'll do well here.
As part of our PR Internship Program, you will work on a small team for clients that specialize in B2B and technology sectors. You must be able to think on your feet and change gears quickly. This is one of the best PR internships in Chicago. At the end of the internship, you will have had in-depth exposure to what it's like to work in the PR industry.
- Previous PR, marketing or journalism work experience is a plus.
- A student or recently completed undergraduate or Master's student with coursework in journalism, marketing communications or business.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning on in June 2017
- All PR internship candidate finalists must complete a writing test.
- Please be sure to include your GPA on your resume.
How to Apply
To apply for our summer PR internship, please click here to submit your application.
Please see below for our expected application and interview timeline. Please note, this may be subject to change.
- Application Time-frame: November 15 - March 6
- Skills Test: Ongoing
- Interview Period One: January 16 - 20 (both in person and virtual)
- Interview Period Two: March 6 - 10 (both in person and virtual)